In honor of the National Stock Show here in Denver, I’m paying homage to my favorite fare: BEEF!
Did you know that:
- Sixty-two percent of Americans profess their love for steak as their most desired Valentine’s Day meal (according to a recent survey conducted by Pelegrin Gray for The Beef Checkoff Program).
- Nothing says love like beef and backrubs: Forty-three percent of Americans said they would choose a steak meal to kick off a romantic evening of hot tub time, back rubs and champagne.
- They call me Dr. Love: Americans associate steak as a “best match” for love (44%), romance (42%) and passion (41%)—more so than chicken, pork or fish.
- Let’s meat: Beef (36%) is more often associated with “magnetism” than fish (22%), pork (21%) or chicken (21%).
- 50 percent of Americans associate beef with celebrations, compared to chicken (18%), pork (17%) or fish (15%).
- An Impressive Selection: Sixty-two percent serve a beef dish if they are hoping for their partner to express gratitude or appreciation for their efforts.
- The Perfect Pick: When choosing a meal for a significant other, 61 percent say they would order beef at a restaurant to express how much they care.
Thanks to the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association for the meaty statistics. For more news on beef and recipes galore, visit BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com